Monday 13 October 2008

Tea and cake anyone?

Monday the 13th October Last week I put posters up round town saying " Hello Dartmoor, I need your help, Come and talk to me- your artist in residence, There will be tea and cakes @ the museum Mondays from 10 am, *please drop in any other time as well". So this morning I headed into Dartmoor armed with Jannette's recipe date and walnut cake. The plan was to chat to people over tea and cakes, getting some local knowledge on places to visit, favourite walks, beautiful, special or place's with memories and get people to draw me maps. No body came! I wanted to start going on the walks and stitching the maps onto serviettes along with the climate/statistic maps I had started. I was also hoping this could become a weekly event and people could come and sew with me. Obviously this needs a bit of a rethink. I think maybe the time of day was bad, as I guess most people are at work, but I thought the OAP's might have popped in. The tea and cakes sessions have been printed on a Dartmoor newsletter, so maybe I'll get some people next week. As for the sewing group, I'm going to do a bit more research, I'm thinking an evening might be better; we'll see. So I sat drinking tea and sewing alone, did a little bit of sticking pine needles to film and then headed into Portland where I bought various tools for ideas. I managed to get a fire wire, so could upload my videos from the pine forest plantations. And bought some t-shirts as part of my latest plan, that allows me to be a little shy but get Dartmoor talking to me...

No comments: