Saturday 1 November 2008

Performance at Balmoral

Saturday the 1st November Today started with coffee with Nathan (local writer/poet), which was good, but I've had enough of my cold I really cant hear what people are saying or my own voice, which is really frustrating and tiring when your constantly meeting new people – also a slight concern for performance. The performance at balmoral went quite well, I still feel I rushed myself a bit and that more open ended durational pieces would be really beneficial, I think I would get more out of the process. I didn’t explore a lot of things I would of liked to, but there were some really interesting moments. I got into a really rythum typing and getting up to rewind the 'yellow' film strip. It was a moment of clarity where I realised how important distance was in the work. I would like to develop this into an performance outside, projecting out the back of the car, allowing myself the timr to run and type until I'm done. The battery in my video camera ran out during the performance which was also a shame, I was beginning to layer the documentation into the work- filming the performance, but also using the camera to watch and record completed actions/layers. It was by no means a polished work, I'm not sure my work ever is, but it enabled me to really get into/clarify/extract the ideas and themes running the work.

No comments: