Friday 17 October 2008

Frustrations and film fun

Friday the 17th October Yesterday didn’t seem that productive. Although I seemed to have been working all day everyday, this week has gone fast and I don’t feel like I've got much done, time suddenly seems to be slipping away a bit. Yesterday I did pick up a 16 mm projector and a few reels of old films though (and a dead kangaroo's tail on the way), fun fun fun. Didn’t actually get to play with it though as I spent most of today fucking around with bankcards, again. A few things are emerging that I didn’t expect when organising this: banks being useless, internet being really slow, film being hard to order online/over phone. I hate waiting for things and you have to be patient out here. Went out to Lower Glenelg National Park, which is about 10 mins away, late afternoon. Just out of need really, I've felt very unconnected to the land this week, too much time indoors and doing the kind of boring things that have to be done/organised. Took my Kangaroo tail with me. Tomorrow I have a workshop/networking event, that Elise (arts liaison officer I met weaving) told me about, and then I'm going up to a performance in a gallery in Natimuk with her. So a bit of a work/play Saturday, but I'm looking forward to it and intrigued. Then meeting Tim in the 'Little Desert', where he's working. So hopefully camping out, absorbing the earth and making a little work perhaps.

No comments: